This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

QOE Sensor Deployment - Node not available to deploy Packet Analysis Sensor

Hello,

We recently deployed a server that is to be dedicated as a QoE Network sensor. The agent and the QoE Network Packet Analysis Sensors was successfully deployed with about 50 nodes to be monitored from the QoE sensor. However, it was configured to monitor many unnecessary applications. Instead of editing the applications one by one, the sensor was deleted. Upon re-adding the sensor, the server is now not available to select. The agent has been successfully removed. But, the option to re-add the sensor to the QOE server is still unavailable.

Has this issue come up before and has this issue been resolved?

Let me know if you require more information.

Thank you.

• Hi,

We are interested in check what happened, please contact me directly at tomas.vymetal@solarwinds.com or via support. I’ll need diagnostics from server (run OrionDiagnostics application on Orion server and hit Start) and log files from remote network server which should be untouched by sensor removal (they are located in ProgramData\Solarwinds\Logs).

Main filtering rule for sensor deployment is that server has not sensor deployed already and it is Windows machine. So it is possible that database were not updated properly or something changed server type to ‘nonWindows’ (You can check this in node management / node details / machine type). Either should be fixed by removing and reading node with SNMP/WMI/Agent polling method.