This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

SRM 6.0 and Storage Object Providers

So we have both OnCommand Unified Manager Core (for 7-mode filers) and OnCommand Unified Manager for Clustered Data ONTAP in our environment and are using these as Providers in SRM 6.0 as recommended.  I am trying to set the name of the provider and the address, but they are not changing as expected.  It appears that the name that is displaying is the first array alphabetically, even though when I open the dialog to edit it the name I am entering is displayed.  Also, they were originally entered using the IP address and I would like to change them to the FQDN, but that change isn't saving at all.  Has anyone else seen this in their implementation? 

Here's the list of Providers:

ProvidersList.GIF

So I Edit the first one:

EditProvider1.GIF

Note the Name is already different than what is displayed elsewhere.  I then enter the FQDN in place of the IP and Submit the change:

EditProvider2.GIF

But then the list of Providers STILL shows the incorrect name and the address is not changed:

ProvidersList2.GIF

• Thanks for reporting this.  We will review and follow up.

• Hi James,

Provider host name is always translated to IP address by purpose so you will not see it anywhere in the product. You can create feature request if you want to see the host name instead. Anyway the host name is stored in db and the translation to IP is done periodically using the hostname so you don't have to edit the IP on environment running on DHCP.

Provider name should be changeable and this is a bug. It is fixed in the next release of SRM.

Cheers,
    Pavel