This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

GENERATE A REPORT WHICH TELLS YOU NODE AND ALERT(NAME AND MESSAGE) CONFIGURED FOR ALL NODE : NOTE REPORT SHOULD NOT INCLUDE ACTIVE ALERT(NAME AND MESSAGE)?

GENERATE A REPORT WHICH TELLS YOU NODE AND ALERT(NAME AND MESSAGE) CONFIGURED FOR ALL NODE : NOTE REPORT SHOULD NOT INCLUDE  ACTIVE ALERT(NAME AND MESSAGE)?

• Caps lock aside, are you looking for a report that tells you all the possible alerts for each node? or all alerts that can trigger on any node? When you say "message", which one do you want? The Alert Description, or what the trigger action writes out to the Event Log or to an e-mail? When you specify alerts that are configured for all node, but not active alerts, do you imply Enabled (triggerable) alerts as "active" alerts, or do you mean currently "active" alerts (currently triggered)?

You haven't gotten any response up to now because there are too many ways to interpret your question. Try writing out a simple example of what you want to see using a spreadsheet. What columns are there? What kind of data is in each row? Give us this, and it'll help us figure out exactly what you are looking for.

• Thanks for your reply!

Sorry about the caps lock - I did not realize that earlier and I am new to solarwinds and  thwack community.

So my simple question is - I need list of alerts for each node.

Thanks

KP.

• this should get you in the right direction:

you can use the web report writer to create a custom SQL report and then use this query.

select

a.name as 'ALERT'

,o.entitycaption as 'ALERT OBJECT'

,o.entitytype as 'ALERT OBJECT TYPE'

,o.relatednodecaption as 'RELATED NODE'

from alertobjects o

join alertconfigurations a on a.alertid = o.alertid

where a.enabled = 1

order by a.name, o.entitycaption

-ZackM

Loop1 Systems: SolarWinds Training and Professional Services

• Thanks for your reply!

I have performed following steps in report writer but when i select preview -  get an SQL error:

- open report writer

- select new

- select advance SQL

- select SQL tab and copy and paste your query

- run preview

SQL Error : Invalid object name 'alertobjects'

• What are your installed software modules and versions? (You should be able to get a full list at the footer of your SolarWinds website)

• Below are the modules and versions:

NPM 11.0.1

SAM  6.1.0

NTA  3.11.0

IVIM  1.10.0

• It's going to be harder to configure something like this in 11.0.1 especially if you're using Advanced Alerts.  The alerts themselves usually aren't set up on a per node basis and will usually cover everything in the database.  Also, with the way the table and the conditions are built, there's nothing to relate a specific device to a node until the alert triggers.  Now, if you have alerts set to trigger on specific nodes, then there would be ways to do that, but you'd have to parse out the trigger query field from the database of find anything that contains a node name within it. 

• Select

AlertStatus.AlertDefID,AlertStatus.ObjectName,

Events.EventID,Nodes.Vendor,Nodes.NodeID,Nodes.Status,Nodes.Caption as "Node Name",hw.ServiceTag as Serial,Message,AlertStatus.ObjectType as "Alert Type",EventTime,Nodes.IP_Address,Nodes.CRM_Account

from AlertStatus WITH(NOLOCK)

inner join Events WITH(NOLOCK) ON DATEADD(MINUTE,DATEDIFF(MINUTE,0,AlertStatus.TriggerTimeStamp),0) = DATEADD(MINUTE,DATEDIFF(MINUTE,0,Events.EventTime),0) AND CONVERT(varchar(255), AlertStatus.ActiveObject) = convert(varchar(255), Events.NetObjectID)

INNER JOIN Nodes WITH(NOLOCK) on Nodes.NodeID = Events.NetworkNode

Left outer join APM_HardwareInfo as hw WITH(NOLOCK) on hw.NodeID = Nodes.NodeID

WHERE  Nodes.Status <> 9

AND AlertStatus.Acknowledged <> 1

AND Events.EventType = 5000

UNION

Select

AlertStatus.AlertDefID,AlertStatus.ObjectName,

Events.EventID,Nodes.Vendor,Nodes.NodeID,Nodes.Status,Nodes.Caption as "Node Name",hw.ServiceTag as Serial,Message,AlertStatus.ObjectType as "Alert Type",EventTime,Nodes.IP_Address,Nodes.CRM_Account

from AlertStatus WITH(NOLOCK)

left outer join CustomPollerStatusTable as cps WITH(NOLOCK) on cps.UniqueID = AlertStatus.ActiveObject

Left outer join CustomPollerAssignmentView as cpa WITH(NOLOCK) on convert(varchar(255),cpa.CustomPollerAssignmentID) = AlertStatus.ActiveObject

inner join Events WITH(NOLOCK) ON DATEADD(MINUTE,DATEDIFF(MINUTE,0,AlertStatus.TriggerTimeStamp),0) = DATEADD(MINUTE,DATEDIFF(MINUTE,0,Events.EventTime),0) AN

( cps.NodeID = Events.NetworkNode

OR

cpa.NodeID = Events.NetworkNode

)

INNER JOIN Nodes WITH(NOLOCK) on Nodes.NodeID = Events.NetworkNode

Left outer join APM_HardwareInfo as hw WITH(NOLOCK) on hw.NodeID = Nodes.NodeID

WHERE  Nodes.Status <> 9

AND AlertStatus.Acknowledged <> 1

AND Events.EventType = 5000

• Thanks for your reply.

I really appreciate your help!

I have tried this query - it's returning results for few nodes but not exactly what I am looking for.

Thanks.

• This might be because the alerts that you create also have to write to netperf as well so that it creates a message with the alert.

I wrote this up as well Some Things Solarwinds Admins Can't Live Without some of that might help you.

Please let me know if i can help any further!