This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

DNS Records Mismatch Report

I'd like to build a report that mimics the DNS Records Mismatch resource in the IPAM summary.  Not really sure where to start with this (working on our first Orion box)...  I assume it's possible via the report writer or such?

Is there an analysis component to this also, or is the data in the mismatch resource stored somewhere in the DB as-is (and not generated on the fly)?

Thanks for any pointers!

Orion Platform 2014.2.1, IPAM 4.3, NCM 7.3.2, UDT 3.2.0

• Hello,

Please follow the below steps to create your DNS records mismatch report.

1. Go to Home -> Reports tab.

2. Click 'Manage Reports' option.

3. Select 'Create New Report' option.

4. Ignore the getting started pop up.

5. In 'Add content' screen, select 'Details' in the left list.

6. Select 'DNS Records Mismatch' in the right pane and press 'Select and continue' button at the bottom.

7. complete the 'Add Report' wizard.

you will have a report like this.

dns mismatch.PNG

- Sathya. T

• Would I be accurate in thinking there's not a good way to filter that?  ie: only show a single DNS zone, or conflicts in specific subnets, or such?

• If you want to filter the results, you can create a custom report with your own SWQL/SQL queries to the IPAM entity 'IPAM.DNSmismatch'. Below screenshot is an example.swql report.PNG

Sample query: SELECT DNSServer, DNSZone, ClientHostName, ForwardZoneIPAddress, ReverseZoneIPAddress FROM IPAM.DNSMismatch where DNSzone = '<<zone name>>'