This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Directory Size monitoring with SAM

Dear all,

I've tried to create powershell script for monitoring SAM with below script but its still shown as 'Get Output Failed'

may you suggest me please emoticons_happy.png

02-Apr-15 6-14-45 AM.png

• Your output does not appear to be properly formatted.. Your "Write-Host $FolderSizeOutput" should be "Write-Host Statistic:$FolderSizeOutput". For more Details see the following section of the Administrators Guide here -> SolarWinds Online Help

• Hi aLTeReGo,

I've corrected format as your suggest but I've more problem on below.

02-Apr-15 9-02-45 AM.png

and here is my tested script.

• The Statistic value must be numeric only. You are passing units with the value which are non-integer. Remove the "GB" from the from Statistic value returned and it should work. If you want to retain the units, then I suggest using the optional message field.

Detail Type

Required

Meaning

Statistic

Yes

A numeric value used to determine how the monitor compares to its set thresholds. This must be an integer value, (negative numbers are supported).

Statistic.Name1: 123

Statistic.Name2: 456

No

An error or information message to be displayed in the monitor status details. Note: Multi-line messages are supported. To use this functionality, print each line using a separate command. For example:

Message.Name1: abc

Message.Name2: def
  • Dear,

Its work!!! Thank you very much for your help emoticons_happy.png