2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 18, 2015 4:18 PM by tdanner

How to report against Port Mode = Trunk in Interface Details Resource?

dgglynn

I am looking at this portion of the Interface Details resource on an Interface Details page in NPM 11.0.1;

and this information would be useful for me, but i can't seem to find any way to report on this information in the SWQL 3.0 schema, or the server based Report Writer application, or any other place I can think of.

Does anybody have any information on where these details that are being collected could be reported against somehow, anyhow?

• Re: How to report against Port Mode = Trunk in Interface Details Resource?
          shawn_b

This is a good question.

I would also like to know the same thing

• Re: How to report against Port Mode = Trunk in Interface Details Resource?
              tdanner

Thanks for bumping this thread. Looks like we missed answering it the first time around.

This information is in Orion.NodePortInterfaceMap. This entity tracks the association between interfaces and VLANs, including trunk/access mode. You can either query it directly or access it through the "InterfacePortMaps" navigation property on Orion.NPM.Interfaces. Like this:

SELECT I.FullName, I.InterfacePortMaps.VlanId, I.InterfacePortMaps.PortType
              FROM Orion.NPM.Interfaces I

Sample output:

cur-3750 - GigabitEthernet1/0/14 · TT 22292, VRF Customer-A Network3001
              cur-3750 - GigabitEthernet1/0/15 · TT 22292, VRF Customer-B Network4001
              cur-3750 - GigabitEthernet1/0/16 · TT 22292, Trunk Link for VRF Networks and Multicast TT 551173002
              cur-3750 - GigabitEthernet1/0/16 · TT 22292, Trunk Link for VRF Networks and Multicast TT 551174002
              cur-3750 - GigabitEthernet1/0/16 · TT 22292, Trunk Link for VRF Networks and Multicast TT 5511720112
              cur-3750 - GigabitEthernet1/0/16 · TT 22292, Trunk Link for VRF Networks and Multicast TT 5511720122

In the "PortType" column, 1 means Access mode, 2 means Trunk mode, 0 means "unknown", and null means that the device does not support the right MIB.