This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Adding single nodes to previously scanned networks.

Hi guys,

So one of the things with NTM that I was having an issue with was adding single nodes to large maps without scanning the entire network. I looked around but either there wasn't an answer posted or I simply did not see it. So I played around with NTM a little bit and the only thing I found was:

1. Do the large scan or pull up map you want to edit.
  2. Go to Edit>Edit Map Properties
  3. Go through the windows but de-select all of the IPs/subnets/switches you have input already.
  4. Since it’s usually one or two switches/devices you are adding to a large map, I’ve been inputting the IPs into the free-form IPs tab.
  5. Run the discover and afterwards, de-select all of the devices that were labeled “Not found” since you didn’t scan for those and add the ones that were found to the map.

What testing I have done so far shows that this adds the nodes I specified to the map without having to scan each node already present. It’s probably not the best method but the only thing I have found.

Does anyone else have any suggestions for this process?