3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 2, 2015 6:31 AM by HolyGuacamole

Receive only Windows security log by default?

brucealmighty

Is it possible to set this as a default setting, or is it necessary to first get the agent reporting and then edit the node connector settings to stop the application and system logs?

• Re: Receive only Windows security log by default?
          HolyGuacamole

See if this will help achieve your objective (Tool is the old terminology for Connector)

http://knowledgebase.solarwinds.com/kb/questions/2762

• Re: Receive only Windows security log by default?
            brucealmighty

This looks promising, however for now at least I reverted to switching off the application and system logs per node.  I created a profile and stopped these connectors but the next node I added to the profile continued to pull them in.

Does it perhaps take a couple of minutes for a profile to apply?  I must say I reverted using the profile after about 30 seconds I saw the second node still showing these logs as active.  I will however try again using two nodes that I know to be "less chatty".  I do wonder if the profile settings on apply to the options within each connector e.g. Alias, Output, nDepth Port etc.

Lastly and this is probably my lack of understanding, I found that when editing a node from the Cog > Connectors option to stop these logs they were again active after a node reboot.  This time I've switched them off by double-clicking the node and used the On/Off switches under "Node: Connectors Applied" hopefully these will stick.

Reminder we're on v6.1.0.