This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Bundle contains no deployed children and thus is invalid

I created a Dell Encryption software package. Its an exe. For some reason when I try to install it I get

Bundle contains no deployed children and thus is invalid.

1060       7c           Agent    Update {8B7891D4-3E03-470F-B571-B4CD6E8EBA56}.201 is not a valid bundle. Not returning it

Thank you for your help emoticons_confused.png

• Hi,

Can you able to install other updates from the same WSUS Server (the one where you have dell encryption package) on the same client machine you tried to install?

• I am not able to install any 3rd party updates- I’ve tried on several machines and can’t get them to install

• If you're not able to install any updates, then there must be a problem in getting updates from WSUS Server.

1) Ensure that client certificate is distributed from correct WSUS Server.

2) Check if the policy is correctly configured to the client machine, You can verify WSUS registry key values (HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate). If not, Configure the policy setting using "Windows Update Local Policy Management"  option in PatchManager

3) When the configuration has been confirmed, first launch the "Detect Now" task, wait for the completion of the detection event, then execute "Report Now" task.

4) Finally, Run Windows update scan on the client machine to see the applicable 3rd party Updates and install.