0 Replies Latest reply on Mar 13, 2015 2:48 PM by crogers731

Had a little malware issue and had a friend/acquaintance to help me with fixing

crogers731

Had a little malware issue and had a friend/acquaintance to help me with fixing the issue. It appeared that the issue was based off of the UAC settings which were set in the middle. By the way my friend changed those settings to the bottom, why? Moving on, when machine was started the UAC box would keep on opening up over and over and etc. To get that to stop my friend had me log my system into his network via his nas, once that was completed I was able to delete a program from Ibot (Driver Booster) then this issue stopped. In the mean time this friend kept moving a chip 16gb from his machine to mine which looked to me like he was copying and pasting stuff from my machine to his, every time I tried to explain what I did before this issue of mine started he blow it off, which made me nervous. Needless to say he finally had me set up a user access which I couldn't find after i did another reboot. Which we did run trinity on my machine also while he was moving this chip back and forth, keep in mind this friend has lots of servers and a pretty big setup. I am trying to understand what he was doing exactly. Please ask and send any questions to me I am really trying to understand and figure this out, I feel like he has placed his self into my machine or given himself access.