This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

11.5.1 on the way? Just not brave enough to that 11.5.0..

Hi

I know its a big release Sw should not  be shy to use "next gen" release...

Bugs are part software dev. And I understand that.

any chance to see that 11.5.1

I'm not fan of hot fixes.

thanks sja

• An update to the Orion core just posted this morning, fixing a few issues. You should see it in your customer portal.

But I'm going to say that SolarWinds upgrades are uncharacteristically solid, unless you are seeing a VERY specific kind of bug.

My habit has been to always install the updates as soon as I could get a change window, unless I had a compelling reason NOT to do so. Not the other way around.

jbiggley‌ - confirm or deny?

• ommm

hot fix no thanks :-)

yes most upgrade are okay from 10.x to 10.7 great .

from 10.7 to now 11.x solarwinds not to many bugs but too long to fix some....

11.5 is big change  expect some bugs part of the game...

• sja‌ , call Support - they can ease your mind here. I had an engineer walk me through the possibilities of what the update would fix vs. the current issues that I would experience with update.

For me it is waiting for these hot fixes. So I get the fix via the new version that I want; as well as the Bug Fix to eliminate extra alerts.

Known BUG ->Specifically one of the issues has to do with Node Deletion causing the re-triggering of the alert on that node, EVERY Duration of the check of status....

- so you re-add the node/interface - acknowledge the alert - then delete interface/node again / Making sure the alert is not triggered on the node when you delete it.

But this is minor for most - for me, and the amount of cooks in the kitchen this currently would not be a good known bug to walk into.

Maybe you are the only cook and can swerve this fly on the windshield.

Regardless - Talk to support as they can tell you exactly what you want to know and formulate a plan of action to get where you need to go.

• I'm on 10.6 because our 10.4.2 -> 10.6 was a nightmare. We need to get back on the upgrades here but 11.5 is just too big/troublesome for me to consider. I'm going to 11.0.1 this year but even that has 8+ hot fixes. I mean come on where is 11.0.2?

• We've had a lot of problems w/11.5, and after all our back and forth w/SW tech support, two problems remain.  The first one seems its integration with UDT, which is affecting both of our SolarWinds instances.  When I click the View UDT Job Status link, I get the following error:

Could not find any resources appropriate for the specified culture or the neutral culture. Make sure "SolarWinds.Orion.Core.Strings.Resources2.resources" was correctly embedded or linked into assembly "SolarWinds.Orion.Core.Strings" at compile time, or that all the

The second one is affecting onlyone of our SolarWinds instances, where the Service Alert v2 service fails to install during the Config Wizard.  The SW techs I worked with were unable to fix either issue, so both cases have been escalated to SW developers. Needless to say, I am far from happy w/NPM v11.5.  emoticons_sad.png

• ‌Sorry to hear that newkidd2

Please update when it resolved

/sja

• Well, I fixed the second problem, but I don't feel right about all the work I had to do.  Let me explain myself.  The Config Wizard kept failing, listing various reasons -- mostly services that failed to install.  In order to fix the issue, I did the following:

1. Ran repair on the SolarWinds Orion Core Services
    2. Let the Config Wizard run

The Config Wizard kept failing and aborting, as I mentioned above, but I did not give up. I performed the above steps over and over and over again (over 15 times!!!).  So, although I was successful, I don't think this is right.  Also, I will very likely have to run the Config Wizard again, once the developers provide a fix for my UDT problem.  So, who's to tell me that it won't take 15 times (or even 50 times) for me to run the Config Wizard? 

Obviously, I cannot afford to have my SolarWinds down again for such a long time.  So, I updated my case and I asked for the developers to provide a fix for the Config Wizard issue, so I can confidently ;apply whatever fix they come up with for the UDT problems.

Finally, as you might have guessed, I would definitely recommend against upgrading to 11.5 at this time.

• Thanks for the update. Let us know how to fares after the UDT fix. I will certainly be doing this on a test box before anything else.

• I'm currently on:  Orion Platform 2014.1.0, SAM 6.1.0, NPM 10.7, NTA 3.11.0, IVIM 1.9.0 and thought I was ready to move up to 11.5 new SAM and NTA 4.x but I may wait a little while longer even after seeing this... I haven't decided yet.  My system is SLX and big so I have to be careful. At least mine are all VM's and I can roll the whole thing back if it goes horribly wrong somehow.

Also somehow please get me off this moderation I got put on somehow... it's really starting to bug me.

• As stated earlier, I support two separate instances of Orion NPM.  The platform for the one giving me the Config Wizard and UDT problem has the following:

Orion Platform 2015.1.0, QoE 2.0, NCM 7.3.2, NPM 11.5, NTA 4.1.0, Toolset 11.0.1, UDT 3.2.0, IVIM 2.0.0, VNQM 4.2

The other SW instance only has problems (currently) with UDT, which happen to be the UDT issues as the first SW instance (mentioned above). Coincidence?  I doubt it.  Anyway, the second one has the following:

Orion Platform 2015.1.0, SAM 6.2.0, QoE 2.0, IPAM 4.3, NPM 11.5, NTA 4.1.0, WPM 2.2.0, Toolset 11.0.1, UDT 3.2.0, IVIM 2.0.0, VNQM,

By the way ecklerwr1‌, about rolling back your VMs...  Is that an easy thing to do?  It sounds like a much better approach than uninstalling, etc.  Is there a document for how to safely roll back the VM and restore the DB to previous (pre-upgrade) status?   Thanks again!!!