3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 21, 2015 9:53 AM by d02023287

CPU & Memory monitoring failure

stephen.menu

I have added a node that runs on Solaris but CPU & Memory statistics are not being populated.

When I look at the List of Resources CPU & Memory is not 'Checked', but when I 'Check' it and submit, the statistics are still populated. On checking again the List of Resources, I find that CPU & Memory is not 'Checked'.

What should I do to correct this?

• Re: CPU & Memory monitoring failure
          Leon Adato

First, after you check those boxes, do they stay checked? Meaning - you hit "list resources", you check "CPU and Memory", you click submit.

Then you click "List Resources" again - is CPU and Memory checked or not?

Second, you need to give things 1 or 2 polling cycles to populate (which is usually 5 or 10 minutes.

Third, some of the graphs are set to show 30-minute intervals by default. That means you won't see a data point until 30 minutes have passed. You can click "edit" for each graph to change the sample interval if you like.

Finally - some systems are not set to present all SNMP data to the poller. Solaris, AIX, Tru64, HP-UX, and other "closed" versions of Unix among them. You may have to modify your SNMPD settings to allow all branches of the SNMP mib to be polled.

Let me know if you need more information.