1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 18, 2015 12:24 PM by oliver.grist

Universal Device Poller - Query data

oliver.grist

We are using the Universal Device Poller (UDP) on Cisco ASA firewalls to pull stats including CurrentConnections and MaxConnections.

This in itself is working great and with a custom tab we have some views to show graphs of the data.

So within SolarWinds environment all is good. However when I attempt to query it, I find I am unable to restrict the data by date.

But without the date restriction it outputs data correctly:

I am doing a very similar query on other tables such as Orion.NPM.InterfaceTraffic, and Orion.VolumeUsageHistory and it works as expected.

The query is:

SELECT CPS.DateTime, CPS.Status, CPS.CustomPollerAssignmentID

FROM Orion.NPM.CustomPollerStatistics CPS

WHERE CPS.CustomPollerAssignmentID = '9b7d2e83-671b-40f1-9189-09f51c66670e'

AND CPS.DateTime > '11/03/2015 21:32:16'

• Re: Universal Device Poller - Query data
          oliver.grist

After much messing around with ToString() and getutcdate() it seems the DateTime field is stored in different formats between the various statistic tables, though via SWQL Studio all dates are presented in a consistent format.

Modifying the query to format the date YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS outputs the filtered results correctly.

SELECT CPS.DateTime, CPS.Status, CPS.CustomPollerAssignmentID

FROM Orion.NPM.CustomPollerStatistics CPS

WHERE CPS.CustomPollerAssignmentID = '9b7d2e83-671b-40f1-9189-09f51c66670e'

AND CPS.DateTime > '2015-03-17 21:32:00'

* it would appear this also occurs in Orion.VIM.VMStatistics