This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Customizing pages of node details

FormerMember
FormerMember

Hello,

I’m currently working on our new Solarwinds system, which is used worldwide (US, EMEA, APAC).

The problem is that we want minimal information in the node details (actually there are more than 20 resources), but if I delete some of it, it affects every other node too.

So I’m looking for a way to change this but only for specific devices (CISCO switches, EMEA servers...).

Thanks in advance.

• You can have different node details views for each user (if EMEA server team has their own login just for their servers). For the same user, you can also define different views based on the device type - take a look at the Views by Device Type under the Settings section

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to HolyGuacamole

Thanks for replying that fast!

"You can have different node details views for each user"

Do you mean if I change the node views, other users wont see the changes unless they log into my account ? Or I have to set up something in the settings section ?

Problem with the Views by Device Type is that other sites might use the same device so it'll also affect them.

• Do you mean if I change the node views, other users wont see the changes unless they log into my account ?

Yes, if other users are using a different Node Details view. Settings, Manage Account, Edit an account and you will see which Node Details views are assigned to a specific user account.  So, create a new Node Details view (from the Settings > Views, and say you called MyNewNodeDetailsView), assign it to your user (say userA) and give them view customization rights. They can go to town with adding the resources they need. If you assigned the same MyNewNodeDetails view for another user (say userB), any changes that userA does will be reflected for userB as well since they are defined to use the same view.

• FormerMember

Thanks a lot HolyGuacamole It works perfectly!

• Just like it was designed! Please mark the discussion as Answered

• FormerMember

Sure I'll emoticons_wink.png