3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 20, 2015 10:49 AM by Mrjamet

Atlas maps - One per switch node

Mrjamet

I am wondering if anyone has a good way of going about displaying a network map per switch.  I am okay making the maps per switch but, displaying them when I go to the node summary page is not user friendly.  If I customize the page and add a map view then it shows the same map on all nodes with the same view.  Is there a way to dynamically show a particular map based on a custom property for the individual node?  My switches have a custom view created but if I keep going down this path I will have to create a custom view per switch node.  I am not looking to do a drill down as this should only show the map of the switch that I am on.

Example of what I am trying to produce

Capture.JPG

This works great for this switch but when I go to another switch it shows the same map.  Need a way to change the displayed map based on the node that is selected without creating a seperate view for each node.

• Re: Atlas maps - One per switch node
          njoylif

what version are you running?

in 10.7 there doesn't appear to be an easy way to do this, since you have to select the map via list.

the back end tables use the uniqueID for the "SelectedMapID"...don't know if it'd work to put map name.

• Re: Atlas maps - One per switch node
            Mrjamet

So for anyone that stumbles upon this problem, here is the solution that I found.

Create two custom properties that are tied to the node.

I used map_name and map_height

I then used the custom html module and posted the following code

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/1999/REC-html401-19991224/loose.dtd">

<html>

<head>

<title></title>

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">

<style type="text/css">

iframe {zoom:100%;}

</style>

</head>

<body>

<iframe src="/Orion/NetPerfMon/MapView.aspx?Map=${map_name}&Printable=true" width="100%" height="${map_height}" scrolling="no" id="myFrame"></iframe>

</body>

</html>

Then put the name of the map in map_name and the height that you want for map_height.  Beaware that the page shows the objects used on the map on the lower portion which is why I created the map_height.  I only wanted to see the graphics portion.   This is my work around but it is ugly so I am hoping that Solarwinds just comes out with a better way.

Dynamic Map on Node Details view