This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Interface Capacity Forecasting Problem

FormerMember
FormerMember

I upgraded one of our platforms to NPM 11.5 to see what the capacity forecasting could offer. For some reason my interface graph shows both Warning and Critical trends passed but with threshold of >0%. The interface thresholds are currently set to defaults of 80% and 90% but this seems to be ignored. I have tried setting manually to either the latest baseline figure or dynamic but neither makes a difference.I guess my real question is where do I view/set the thresholds it is using for the calculation? I am only seeing this issue on Interfaces; CPU and Memory use the device threshold correctly.

Any suggestions would be appreciated, hopefully it isn't just me!

interface.JPG

• Can you check what are your settings for "Interface Percent Utilization" on Settings->NPM Thresholds web page. It's the place where the threshold values should be taken from.

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to JiriPsota

Hi. As per original post, the thresholds are set to 80% and 90%. I'm going to leave this open for a day or so in case anyone else has seen this but think its time to log a support ticket...

Thanks

• Hi,

Facing same here as well:

pastedImage_0.png

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to maniman

I've had a support call response and will try the fix at some point today. Once I've confirmed it works I'll post details up here.

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

So, here is the response I received from SolarWinds support. I will add that I am not responsible if this causes any damage to your system. It fixed our problem but obviously you should take a SQL backup before you make any changes. When I view the ForecaseMetrics table the CPU and Memory values were also missing so I added them manually - please let me know if you need these values too.

Good luck!

There might be an issue with the script that fills ForecastMetrics table in the database.

Please run following SQL script that should fix the issue:

1. Open the Database Manager (on the Orion Machine):

Start > All Programs > Solarwinds Orion > Advanced Features > Database Manager

2. Locate your SolarWindsOrion database (Add default server)

3. Right click on any table and select "Query Table".

4. Clear the default query and use the following SQL query:

UPDATE ForecastMetrics SET

CriticalThresholdSettingID='NetPerfMon-PercentUtilization-Error'

,WarningThresholdSettingID='NetPerfMon-PercentUtilization-Warning'

WHERE EntityType='Orion.NPM.Interfaces'

5. Execute query