11 Replies Latest reply on Mar 25, 2016 11:50 AM by lag

Is it possible to manage UnDP's with the SDK?

lag

I would like to add/remove custom pollers with the SDK. The only thread I found was from 2012, so I wanted to ask if it's possible now.

Thanks!

• Re: Is it possible to manage UnDP's with the SDK?
          madhavan

Hi,

You can assign custom pollers to nodes or interfaces. Sample provided below.

New-SwisObject $swis –EntityType 'Orion.NPM.CustomPollerAssignmentOnNode' -Properties @{Description='Test';CustomPollerID='a519ce64-33c3-490c-b0f8-04982911cd3e';NodeID='1';}

use Orion.NPM.CustomPollerAssignmentOnInterface for adding custom pollers to interfaces.

lag

Thanks for pointing that out. I'll give it a go.

lag

What version of Powershell are you using to execute this? I've tried with both version 2 & 3 using both the ISE and Non-ISE versions with no luck.

The script is able to Get-SwisData, but trying to trying New-SwisObject throws this:

New-SwisObject : Operation not supported on Orion.NPM.CustomPollerAssignmentOnNode

This is the meat and potatoes of how I'm trying to do this:

$NodeID             = Get-SwisData $swis "Select NodeID FROM Orion.Nodes WHERE IP_Address = @NodeIP" @{NodeIP = $NodeIP}

$CustomPollerID     = Get-SwisData $swis "SELECT CustomPollerID FROM Orion.NPM.CustomPollers WHERE UniqueName = @UnDPName" @{UnDPName = $CustomPollerName}

$NodeBag = @{

Description='Test';

CustomPollerID=[System.Guid]$CustomPollerID;

NodeID=[Int]$NodeID;

}

#New-SwisObject $swis –EntityType 'Orion.NPM.CustomPollerAssignmentOnNode' -Properties @{Description='Test';CustomPollerID='c58f3b64-b9bc-448f-8a82-4975758736f6';NodeID='4466';}

New-SwisObject $swis –EntityType 'Orion.NPM.CustomPollerAssignmentOnNode' -Properties $NodeBag

tdanner

The version of powershell wouldn't matter. What version of NPM are you using?

lag

10.7 at the moment. (I've been delaying the 11.5 upgrade until the next NCM is released.)

tdanner

This support was added in 11.5, so it will be waiting for you when you get there.

lag

Sounds like another mark for moving to 11.5. Thanks for the quick responses.

lag

Circling back to this finally after upgrading a couple of months ago. There seems to be something I'm still missing.

function AssignUnDPToNode ($NodeIP, $UnDPName){

[Int]$NodeID = Get-SwisData $swis "Select NodeID FROM Orion.Nodes WHERE IP_Address = @IP" @{IP = $NodeIP}

[System.Guid]$CustomPollerID = Get-SwisData $swis "SELECT CustomPollerID FROM Orion.NPM.CustomPollers WHERE UniqueName = @UName" @{UName = $UnDPName}

$UnDPProperties = @{

Description = '';

CustomPollerID = $CustomPollerID;

NodeID = $NodeID;

}

New-SwisObject $swis –EntityType "Orion.NPM.CustomPollerAssignmentOnNode" -Properties $UnDPProperties

}

The error I get is:

At C:\orionScripts\AssignUnDP\AssignUnDP.ps1:41 char:48

+     Write-Output "$UnDPName assigned to $NodeIP"

+                                                ~

The string is missing the terminator: ".

At C:\orionScripts\AssignUnDP\AssignUnDP.ps1:28 char:47

+ function AssignUnDPToNode ($NodeIP, $UnDPName){

+                                               ~

Missing closing '}' in statement block.

+ CategoryInfo          : ParserError: (:) [], ParseExcepti

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : TerminatorExpectedAtEndOfString

If I comment out the New-SwisObject line, I can Write-Host my NodeID, IP, UnDP Name, and UnDP ID, so I know those are populating. It seems something is breaking or missing in the grab bag perhaps? Any thoughts?