This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Using Report writer for SQL Query error

Hi Guys,

Please help. I am new to Report Writer and SQL syntax.

When I try to run the query I get an error as SQL Error:Invalid Object Name"NetflowApplicationSummary"

SELECT TOP 100
NetflowApplicationSummary.AppName AS Application_Name,
NetflowApplicationSummary.Port AS Port_Number,
Nodes.Caption AS NodeName,
SUM(NetflowApplicationSummary.TotalBytes) AS SUM_of_Bytes_Transferred,
NetflowApplicationSummary.Protocol AS Protocol_Number,
Nodes.NodeID AS NodeID

FROM
NetflowApplicationSummary INNER JOIN Nodes ON (NetflowApplicationSummary.NodeID = Nodes.NodeID)

WHERE
( DateTime BETWEEN 40120.5 AND 40121.5416666667 )

GROUP BY NetflowApplicationSummary.AppName, NetflowApplicationSummary.Port, Nodes.Caption, NetflowApplicationSummary.Protocol, Nodes.NodeID

ORDER BY 4 DESC

• Hi,

Though i am not an expert, but still.... can you click on the error link and identify which line its referring to....and also there is no need of brackets in :

INNER JOIN Nodes ON (NetflowApplicationSummary.NodeID = Nodes.NodeID)

try after removing the brackets :

INNER JOIN Nodes ON NetflowApplicationSummary.NodeID = Nodes.NodeID

• Thanks for your reply. Tried removing the brackets.

This didn't work either. There's now way it gives me the identification line error. It just says "SQL Error: Invalid object name 'NetflowApplicationSummary"

I read on the forums that "NetflowApplicationSummary" is a view and hence getting this error. I am no expert in SQL. Only SQL expert can guide me to correct solution.

Again thanks for replying.

• I cannot find the view nor table named "NetflowApplicationSummary" anywhere in either the Orion database nor the SWQL API.

Can you identify the source of this query and then we might know it's origin?

• I checked all the tables too and I cannot find NetflowApplicationSummary either.  I even checked views using MS SQL Studio but did not find it either.  So, I suspect that you are perhaps running a much older version of NTA (pre-4.x).  If you scroll to the bottom of any of your SolarWinds pages, you can tell what NTA version you have.  Can you check and let us know?

• Thanks for your reply. NTA is version 4.1.0 and NPM is 11.0.1. Also wanted to let you know that I am running database on different server from NPM/NTA modules.

Let me know if this helps. Also is there a way to find out how many views are installed?

• Your query won't work because the stats have been moved to the fastbit database.  Use the web report writer to create your report.