This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

SQL Version Information Stored Procedure

I am creating a stored procedure to iterate all servers linked to the current server and grab the version information as pulled from the remote server.  This method is probably not the most efficient way to walk all discoverable servers in the environment, yet, I am looking to perform a nested sp_executesql.  This has proven to be the most difficult task to cleanly achieve.  This mainly solves auditors asking to SEE us obtain the server information and not just handing it to them.  Let me know if there is a more optimized way of grabbing as many servers at once in real time as possible.

Message was edited by: David Tawater (Corrected a few readability errors and decided to just upload the file instead of making a wall of text.)