This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Unusual problem with groups and dynamic queries

Background

• I have a number of groups that are defined with two dynamic queries
    • ((Nodes.CustomProperties.A_PartOf LIKE '%:sat:%') AND (Nodes.CustomProperties.Building = 'Place XX'))
    • ((Nodes.CustomProperties.A_PartOf LIKE '%:wan:%') AND (Nodes.CustomProperties.Building = 'Place XX'))
  • This allows me to create an aggregate group used to compute site availability.  The sites have either (a Satellite link or a WAN link) or both.
  • This works fine but I have some groups that when I drill into the ContainerMemberSnapshots table, I see 3 records
    • ContainerMemberSnapshotIDContainerIDNameFullNameEntityDisplayName
      2348472736device1device1node
      2393889736device2device2node
      2393889736device2device2node

Problem:

• I want to generate an report and/or alert when there are not 2 members in the group.  The duplicates on lines 2,3 are screwing my report/alert

Question:

• Why are there duplicates in the ContainerMemberSnapshots table ?

Additional info / confusion:

• The duplication of the two rows propagates into the database view Containers_AlertsAndReportsData
  • Report Builder only returns two rows.  Somehow it de-dups rows 2,3
  • Running the Report Builder SQL in the Database Manager returns 3 rows
  • The Group membership web only shows 2 members.  It has de-duped the data also.

WTF am I missing?