1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 18, 2015 10:53 AM by chrispaap

View Limitation fails in NOC View

oliver.grist

We have some wall mounted screens and use the "NOC Dashboard" view to keep an eye on our equipment.

My team are responsible for only a few, of the thousands of devices we have, so the "View Limitation" feature is awesome for us

(we are limiting the view from a custom property in the Nodes table).

Unfortunatley, this does not seem to work on certain panels:

(I wonder if its because these do not require a Node and the device can exist just in VIM?)

Top VM Latency

Top Datastore IOPS

Top VM IOPS

In contrast it works correctly for these:

Hosts with Problems

Top XX Hosts by Network Utilizaition

Top XX Hosts by CPU Load

Top XX Hosts by Percent Memory

Top XX Hosts by Number of Running VM's

Any ideas welcome!

• Re: View Limitation fails in NOC View
          chrispaap

Oliver

I apologize for the much delayed response.  You are correct, in order to use a custom property to limit a view you would need to have each VM added as a node. VIM actually does not use a node license when pulling a VM into the environment using VIM.  VIM will however count each host as a node which gives you the custom property to limit the view on and why it works for your hosts with problems example.  Alternatively you can create a view limitation by using the "Group of Virtual Machines" option which allows you to specify what virtual machines you want to include in the view or "Virtual Machine Name Pattern" so you don't have to modify the view each time a specific VM is added (assuming there is a name pattern that will work for you to filter on).

Limit View-VM.jpg

I hope this helps.