This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Creating a page to display custom report

Hi all,

I've recently put together a customised report to show CPU, memory and interface utilisation for our Bluecoat proxies (we have a few across the globe).

I want to add this report to its own page.

I can see a way to do this, by selecting the page resource as "Report from Orion Report Writer".

However, when I go to select the report to use, the drop down only contains the built-in default reports Orion provides. I cannot see any of my custom reports in there.

Is there a way to do this? I'm completely lost.

Thanks

Greg

• Hello, From NPM 11 you can use Custom Table and Custom Chart as normal resource in the page(view), You can add same Custom tables and custom charts to the view. Lada

• Hi Lada,

Are you saying that I have to recreate the report as a custom page view?

Not quite following.

thanks,

Greg

• Hello, We can imagine report as a View. You can put there resources or custom table and custom charts. You can do same in your view too. 1. Open your view where you would like same data as in report. 2. Click customize page. 3. Add same resources as in report (custom table custom chart, some summary resource). 4. Setup Custom table and Custom chart and other resources same as in report. If you use some detail resources in REPORT unfortunately there will be problem with them. For adding such resource try use "Custom object resource". Lada

• Unfortunately this is not allowing me to display the data I want in the way I want....

For example, this is what I want:

proxy-report.JPG

But when trying to use your method (aside from looking incredibly complicated). I get this table, which averages across ALL 6 nodes:

proxy-report2.JPG

I also cannot find a way to get that interface usage chart i there either. I really don't want to have to build it up from nothing when I've already done the work emoticons_happy.png

• Hello, I looked this and these two types of resources can be done via Custom object resource.

1. Add 6 custom object resource.

2. Pick approprite nodes.

reports-2-2-001094.png 3. Pick appropriate object resource:

reports-2-2-001093.png

reports-2-2-001095.png

• Perfect!!

I appreciate the effort you went to to help out, kudos to you sir!

I've now re-built the page and its exactly what I wanted.

emoticons_happy.png