This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Report on Servers Needing 3rd Party Updates and Application

Have 200+ servers (mostly Microsoft but different versions)  Some of the servers will have Adobe Flash (some old/some new) with various versions.  Also have Java Runtime and/or SDK with multiple versions on a set of servers and Mozilla Firefox.

For software auditing and vulnerability, I need a simple report that shows any Java installation or any Adobe installation and what server it's installed.

Later as a follow on, I need to figure out how to push an update to servers that need the update (not to install blindly) and report. 

I'm brand new at Patch Manager and there are so many reports that it's hard to know what to use and how to produce a presentable chart.

My apologies if this has been answered before but really need help getting a grasp on this.

Thanks!

• I added my custom report that I use to view all versions of Java that are on PCs

Computers with Java installed

You can download that and go to reporting and then import it.  You can also edit that report when you get it imported to show any software you like.

• This is an amazingly simple report format - thank you so much.  I need to look at the format to see if this can be adjusted to report on Mozilla and Adobe products.  I also noticed the future release of Patch Manager will support automatic publishing of 3rd party updates.  Still lots to learn and especially the 3rd party update process.

• Just to make it easier for you i made this report.  You input whatever you want to search for like Adobe, Mozilla, etc and then it will give you a report of everything that has it installed along with the OS and IP.  Hope that helps

Intalled Programs with OS and IP.xdq

• I have created a number of reports with your examples, saved and scheduled to run weekly.  This may sound dumb, but when I go back in Patch Manager console under reports, I cannot see the saved reports, nor can I find a search tool to locate the reports.  I know they are there because the jobs run and if I try to import the same report, it asks if I want to over write it.  Do you have any words of wisdom on this?  Thanks again for your awesome help!!!  Ken

• They get saved in C:/Users/<USERNAME>/My Documents/eminentware.

Im not 100% sure yours will be the exact same folder location as mine as we had patch manager before solarwinds bought it when it was owned by eminentware so the folder may be solarwinds now?  Also im using server 2008 R2 so the structure may vary depending on your server version.