16 Replies Latest reply on Nov 7, 2016 8:58 AM by DDX

IPM Updates

jstegall

I was wondering if anybody else was concerned about the lack of updates/improvements to the IPMonitor software?  I write a check every year to continue receiving support for the product, and I'm getting to the point where I don't see a reason to continue.  It's been a very long time since the product has been updated and even longer since I've needed to call the support number. 

• Re: IPM Updates
          bshopp

Product Manager here for ipMonitor.  I am actually working with Dev right now on the schedule for a service release of some enhancements and bug fixes, so stay tuned on that.  I have been keeping and maintaining a list of enhancements, but what would you like to see added to the product personally?

ACDII

Interface error and discard reporting/alerting?  That's the only thing I see missing that we could use.

dharmatmak

Please advise when IPMonitor will be updated to accommodate the TLS issues wrought by POODLE. I have several https monitors that continue to fail because v10.8 is too old to allow for the updated protocols. We just renewed and I feel like the original poster (person) above. When do you expect this product to have a new release candidate?

mckenzieaj

I would like to see some better reporting on IP addresses in use within the product.  Eg a simple csv output of device name, current (resolved) IP address.

Along a similar vein it would be nice if you could do an exception report at a IP/ping level of what device IPs are in the monitoring list vs other discovered IP addresses to easily see what you might be missing.

To add my voice to a number of others.  I like this product... but it has now been over 2 years since we have seen an update, and we have only had some vapour like comments about what is happening with an update.  It is really hard for me to justify maintenance to the FC when the only thing we effectively receive is updates, and it has the feel of a retired product from a development standpoint.

If nothing concrete by end of year it probably makes sense to start looking at other products.

hurrikanepdx

I had to question really hard this year to renew the maintenance. This product appears to be dead with hardly any updates over the past couple of years. How about an updated UI for one, one that mimics more of your other products? It looks old and outdated. How about AD support for users and groups? Better reporting with uptime metrics that actually mean something? I'm sure I could go over the product and list dozens of other things but first and foremost how about some attention to this product? If there are no changes by this time next year I'll probably move on to something else.

DDX

Ipmonitor support renewal is comming up soon and it really looks like ipmonitor is a dead product........

I really want ipv6 support but it looks like this will never happen (asked about it already a few years ago)

RickMur

Ok... almost nine months since we heard "I am actually working with Dev right now on the schedule for a service release of some enhancements and bug fixes, so stay tuned on that "

Nine months... my wife created a human being in that time....  When are you going to put my money where solar winds mouth is? 

Capt. Obvious

We understand your frustration with the lack or recent releases. We re working on it, unfortunately I do not have more precise timeframe at the moment. But as soon things will be more clear I will update you here on Thwack. In the meantime please let your request and ideas coming.

Ryan Albert Donovan

rvdm

It's still not clear if the product is dead, this post is almost a year ago without any new releases in 3 years.

The product can't be found on the website either, so I guess it's not sold anymore to new customers.

I doubt whether to renew my maintenance contract which expires by the end of this month.

jstegall

I just received another email reminding me about my renewal for IPM coming due in March.  This is the third annual renewal I've received since the last product update.  I won't  be renewing IPM this year, although SolarWinds will still receive a substantial check for our Orion toolset renewal, at least one more time.  With customer service like this, I can't think of any reason to look into their competition.

ACDII

Like others, if there are no updates, what does having support buy us?

DDX

We just received a reminder our support is going to expire at the end of this month.

We have paid all those years but no real development....

It's difficult to explain why we are paying 500 euro for some kind of support.

We need ipv6 support but it looks like we have to go to a different company/product to have ipv6 support ?