This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Ajax text entry problems - playback fails?

omri I'm experiencing an issue where websites that are serving up Ajax are not recognizing the text entry in them once I attempt to play back a script. So text entry is noticed upon first run and then breaks when I replay the recording. Is there a known fix for this sort of situation?   SW case  759282 created for this.

Example: In the following fields in a transaction, they go red when they are blank where information is required and blue when they include information (thus allowing the script to submit data). When I replay the transaction, even as text is entered the fields will remain red as in the 2nd image and do not recognize that text was entered, like the blue box in the first image. This prevents parts of the script to function properly and proceed to a search.

Where can I begin for troubleshooting this?  I looked at the XML for the recording and I see:

<action type="TextWrite" guid="(guid removed)" browserIndex="0" inputPosition="0" isConditional="false">

<text>ASDF</text>

ajax issue.jpg

ajax 2.jpg