4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 17, 2015 9:41 AM by rarunachalam

Cannot get the "has changed" to work

rarunachalam

I have a couple of alerts I want to use the "has changed" option. Here is the alert trigger :-

The value is a number and I have tried both value and numeric value, but the alert doesnt trigger. Also, what should the reset condition be?

Capture.JPG

• Re: Cannot get the "has changed" to work
          ice

Here is a sample if you use "Has Changed" on your Alerts:

WHERE 

(

(CustomPollers.UniqueName = 'ciscoEnvMonSupplyState') AND

(CustomPollerStatus.Rate = CustomPollerStatus.Rate and ((select count(*) from AlertValueChanges where TableName = 'Nodes' and FieldName = 'LastBoot') > 0) and (NodeID in (select NodeID from AlertValueChanges where TableName = 'Nodes' and FieldName = 'LastBoot' and (DateDiff(s, Changed, getdate()) < (1101INTERVAL1101 * 1.2)))) /* Do not remove this comment HAS1101CHANGEDTBL|FLDNodes|LastBootHAS1101CHANGED */)

)

AND

(

(InterfaceID = 0)

)

this the equivalent SQL query of an Alert for Type of Property Custom Node Poller and using for "Value has Changed"

you cannot use "has change" as it clearly states on the equivalent SQL query that it is pulled on Nodes table and not on the Custom Poller tables. You have to use like Numeric Value is greater than, or equal, or less than.

rarunachalam

Yes, I saw that too, but why is there an option for "has changed" for other values if it wont work for anything other than the 3 values?

ice

That is also a question i have since i used Solarwinds and I was also using it when I still do not understand how it is used. But i learned it the hard way.I would guess that the Type of Property Custom Node Poller or Custom Node table Poller alert - queries also some information on the nodes table like the Node ID, since that alert template needs the Nodes table, most probably other aspect is visible to this type of property but it does not mean that we can use it.

well the line condition should be

if the type of property is Custom Node Poller

Poller name is equal to (name of the poller)

Numeric Value is not equal to 3

If this is a Custom Node Table Poller

Poller name is equal to (name of the poller)

Value is not equal to 3

rarunachalam

Right, but I have several custom pollers that I need this working for. I am going to go with the custom SQL deal and see if I can find a way to get it to work. One of the pollers I am using is to recognize EIGRP neighbour flaps. The number can be anything from 0-12 for my environment. I dont see a way of doing the greater or lesser condition with that poller unless I do it for every router and that is 1800+ alerts.

I will port the query if I get it working.