3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 16, 2015 10:25 AM by aLTeReGo

Test Fire ALert

menga

Is there a way to test-fire the entire alert like there was with Advanced Alert Manager? With the new web-based version, I can simulate/execute on a particular action, however, I would like to test all parts of the alert.

• Re: Test Fire ALert
          aLTeReGo

"Execute" is intended to be the functional equivalent of the "Test" button in the legacy Win32 Advanced Alert Manager. What is it you're trying to test that you are not able to using the "Execute" action?

Execute.png

menga

The good old top 10 processes isn't working, so I wanted to test the entire message. Will hitting execute on the second action, execute all previous actions?

First action runs the exe, second sends the email 5 minutes later.

aLTeReGo

It will not, but this particular alert would not "test" properly using the Win32 Advanced Alert Manager either since the list of processes is dependant upon a valid alert ID being created to associate the process list with. To troubleshoot this particular alert I recommend copying it, narrowing down the objects the alert is applicable to one host, the setting the trigger condition to be something known to be true. E.G. CPU Utilization is "Less Than 100%". This should make the condition "true" for that one node and execute all alert actions defined.