solarwinds have asked that I upgrade from 11.5rc3 to rc4. I'll do this on Monday and let you know
the update resolve your problem?
I currently have a ticket in with them for this. I tried a fix they gave me, but I'm at the point in which I ran a diagnostic and uploaded it. The steps I tried before was this, didn't work for me though:
FROM THE TECH'S EMAIL:
There is definitely a known issue
with SAM 6.2.x that is a bug that is currently being tracked. As a workaround,
please perform the following steps:
1. Locate the file InterfaceSchema.xml at
C:\Program Files (x86)\SolarWinds\Orion\Information Service\3.0
2. Make a copy of the InterfaceSchema.xml and
place it on your desktop as a backup.
3. Edit the file InterfacesSchema.xml by finding
the line that starts with
name="Status" type="System.Int32" groupBy="true"
4. Change the line to
name="Status" type="System.Int32" groupBy="true" filterBy="true"
events="u" isIndexed="true" transient="true" />
5. Save the file, restart all Solarwinds
Services and you should see the Interface Down alert on resource.
Once I have this resolved I will post the solution. I'm running SAM 6.2.1 and NPM 11.5.2 .
The ticket I put in was closed as this is a known bug. Here are the specifics from my Case:
I found out that this is a known issue that is being investigated by our development team. I have no information unfortunately on when this will be fixed and no ETA. As a workaround, I suggest you go to Settings -> Manage Alerts. In the Alert Manager tab, Group By Object Type. I am sorry for any inconvenience.
Has anyone heard any updates on when this will be resolved?
Did you ever get a solution for this? I am running NPM 12.0 and still face the same issue..
Thanks in advance!
1 of 1 people found this helpful
yes and no. the only fix was the restructure all the alerts into groups instead of individual entries. This shortens the SQL table sizes and allows the this feature to work.
so the trigger condition for most alerts is now ALL NODES (some alerts are nodes beginning with ip)
This speeds up solarwinds, shortens the SQL DB, and allows the "alerts this object can trigger' to work
Hope this helps
That condition already exists in my environment. The alerts are all created based on some custom property, instead of creating them for individual nodes. I have around 1500 nodes in my environment, so that is a necessity.
So if i have to guess, this problem somehow relates to the database connectivity?
And since you pointed it out, that it speeds up the Solarwinds, I just noticed that my Solarwinds has been awful slow as of late.
1 of 1 people found this helpful
it's a couple of years ago when this happened to me so my memory of it isn't great.
There is a maximum table size size in sql that this resource uses. After i reconfigured the alerts the size dropped and all started working. (don't recall which table though)
I suggest you contact solarwinds directly or your 3rd party support (I did) and they should be able to resolve it
Sure! Thanks a lot for the help!! I kind of now know where to look!
Running NPM 12.1 and getting the same error. As far as I know this has never worked for me. Finally just opened a case to get it looked at.
I know this question is kind of old but here's what I've found out in my environment (NPM 12.1) - I found two alerts where one of the trigger conditions had a blank value. It looks like it was an alert that someone imported from another system and when I removed the blank value this view didn't give me an error.