5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 25, 2019 3:49 AM by aabdul

invalid signature/invalid namespace errors

jef.green

Hello,

I am using Patch Manager to manage the WSUS patching of our Windows server infrastructure but have a small percentage that all fail with the invalid signature/invalid namespace errors below. I have followed the procedures linked below from the Solarwinds Knowledge Base but have made no progress with resolving it. At the moment it appears to be mostly 2003 based servers causing the issue but I do have a couple 2008 servers that have the problem. Can anyone help with resolving this please? I am using Patch Manager Server 2.0.2207.2.

SolarWinds Knowledge Base :: Troubleshooting "Invalid Namespace" Errors - Servers and Clients

SolarWinds Knowledge Base :: Patch Manager returns an "Invalid Signature" error when you attempt configuration managemen…

Successfully connected to WMI and retrieved operating and computer system information.SolarWinds Provider Required: True
      Microsoft WMI Redistributable Required: False
      Provisioning SolarWinds WMI Providers failed. Reason: handleremoteinstallation failed. Invalid Signature. ewException caught: [remoteinstallationclient::pushpackage failed. Invalid Signature. ewException caught: [remoteinstallationclient::pushfilecontent::pushcontent failed. Invalid Signature.], File: Remote Installation Client.cpp, Line: 1720 ], File: remote installation client cinterfaceimpl.cpp, Line: 427

Thanks in advance!

• Re: invalid signature/invalid namespace errors
          rgtheitman

Have you tried running the diagnostic tool for wsus? That tool usually helps me in troubleshooting wsus/patch manager issues.

HolyGuacamole

This seems to be complaining about the lack of the Patch Managgeer (EminentWare) WMI provider on the target machines. Have you tried deploying the agent manually on these machines to see if it resolves the issue? You can find the agent binaries under one of installation folders of the Patch Manager server.

aabdul

Stumbled across this post, for the sake of helping others. I had a customer with similar error(s) while trying to deploy PM agents via Remote install service on Server 2008 x86 endpoints. The work around was to use Offline deployment of PM agents

The MAC address retrieval using ARP resolution was not attempted for 10.9.10.15 because the ICMP ping failed.

Unable to retrieve NetBIOS domain name and computer name.

Successfully connected to the Microsoft Endpoint Mapper (Port 135)

Successfully connected to direct hosting NetBIOS over TCP-IP port 445 which is required for 'File and Print Sharing'

The computer (xyzmachine.domain.com) does not have the EminentWare WMI Providers installed.

Successfully connected to WMI and retrieved operating and computer system information.SolarWinds Provider Required: True

Microsoft WMI Redistributable Required: False

Provisioning SolarWinds WMI Providers failed. Reason: handleremoteinstallation failed. Invalid Signature. ewException caught: [remoteinstallationclient::pushpackage failed. Invalid Signature. ewException caught: [remoteinstallationclient::pushfilecontent::pushcontent failed. Invalid Signature.], File: Remote Installation Client.cpp, Line: 1720 ], File: remote installation client cinterfaceimpl.cpp, Line: 427