This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Is it possible to add a custom X-Header to the e-mail header of an outgoing Advanced Alert Manager alert ation e-mail notification? We would like to add the custom header X-NTTA-Serial: <unique id of the alert generating the e-mail>.

We have a need to add a special X-Header to our outgoing SMTP e-mails that are generated from a trigger firing an e-mail notification

action within the Advanced Alert Manager rules. If I were using a SendMail script and Perl this would be easy, but I'm not sure whether

this is doable using the "Send an E-Mail Page" alert action in it's current form. I don't particularly want ditch the out-of-box alert e-mail

functionality for an external script, has anyone come across this requirement before or found a work around outside of running an external

SendMail script to push your outgoing mails?

It would be really nice if SolarWinds had a way to specify or edit e-mail headers for it's outgoing mail services.