This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Multiple Installs and Licensing

Our procurement department is very interested in utilizing WHD as an approval tracking system until we get a solution in place that is actually designed as a PO system.

If we install WHD on a new server can you add existing techs to that install or would you need to purchase more licensing?  So we would purchase 2 for the new PO techs but we have 19 tech licenses that utilize WHD for what it was actually designed to do and I'm curious if say I can count my license on their new WHD PO install.....if that makes sense?

That way we can train and admin the actual product a little easier and brand it differently then just as a "tech support" help desk.

I'd even be curious as to whether or not we could utilize the same DB or if we would have to create a new instance for that?

Thoughts?

• Or could we present a different "public" facing website via the existing install that is just branded differently?

Hope I'm making sense.

• Since WHD is licensed by technician you could add tech licenses to your existing key and add your procurement team to your existing instance.

You could also create a new WHD instance but your license key can only be associated with a single install.  If you created a 2nd instance you could copy your existing DB over to the procurement instance if you'd like.

I'll give you a call to get more details and we can figure out which option would be best suited for you guys.