This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

NPM - Email Alert Simulation Not Working with 'High Receive Percent Utilization with Top Talkers'

Hello all,

I am new to SolarWinds, and am having some difficulty troubleshooting email alerts not working.

The issue I am having is that I don't receive email alerts for the following alerts:

High Receive Percent Utilization with Top Talkers

High Transmit Percent Utilization with Top Talkers

When I browse to Alerts->Edit Alert->Trigger Action and simulate the email function, I receive a notification:

<snip>

Simulate Action: Email a Web Page (High Transmit Percent Utilization is ${Interface.OutPercentUtil}%)    

The transport failed to connect to the server.

</snip>

These alerts use the default settings for sender/recipient/etc.

Communication with my email server is open (I can send test emails from the SMTP Server setup page without issue).

I can also simulate other email alerts successfully, notably 'High Packet Loss'

I have been reading forum posts, and have changed the service login for the alerting services from Local System account to the Local Admin service account created for this server, in an attempt to correct the problem, but without success.

Please advise what my next steps should be?

Thanks.