5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 30, 2015 8:48 AM by Lawrence Garvin

Reporting the WSUS Computer Client ID

callidus

Is it possible to create a patch manager report which includes the ID (e.g. 47ea9572-625b-4598-9696-6b1e43232644)? I cannot find the property in the report edit area...

• Re: Reporting the WSUS Computer Client ID
          Lawrence Garvin
          which includes the ID (e.g. 47ea9572-625b-4598-9696-6b1e43232644)?

Okay, based on the subject I'm going to assume you mean the SusClientID.

Easiest way to get that is to look at the Managed Computers node (if you've done an inventory), and the SUS Client ID has its own column. Export to Excel.

In Reporting, the field is available in every WSUS datasource. Just add it to an existing report.

callidus

I'm looking for the informations from the ID column within my WSUS/Computers Nodes.

28-01-2015 11-47-09.png

Inventory of the clients is (sad and long story) not possible, I've got only the WSUS informations. I just cannot find the corresponding column under the WSUS Reports.

Lawrence Garvin
                  I'm looking for the informations from the ID column within my WSUS/Computers Nodes.

Ahhh, yes. I had forgotten that column was available in that view.

Is it possible to create a patch manager report which includes the ID (e.g. 47ea9572-625b-4598-9696-6b1e43232644)?

Yes, as I noted, the field is available in every datasource in the WSUS Analytics report category. Just add it to the report template.

callidus

Thanks. Sadly the reporting category "Windows Server Update Services Analytics" seems to be updated only by the "WSUS Inventory Task". This Task runs over 4 hour on our single WSUS server and is therefor not sheduled very often.

Lawrence Garvin

The WSUS Inventory Task should not take four hours to run, and for optimal use of reporting in Patch Manager, it should be run daily. For comparison purposes, my WSUS Inventory task ran this morning in 40 minutes.

What is the configuration of your WSUS server?

How many updates are synchronized to your WSUS server?

How many groups and clients?

But even then, except for during an active patch period, once a month following Patch Tuesday, it's highly unlikely that three or four days would make much difference in the state of the information in the report, and it would make ZERO difference in the values of the SusClientID, unless you had done something explicitly to change those values.