New setup of Alert Central and I've noticed that the alert timestamp, "Time of Alert" column, doesn't record the actual time of the alert but instead it shows the time which Alert Central retrieved the email. This is a problem I noticed when Alert Central was first fired up and it grabbed the initial emails sitting in the mailbox and also today when it was not retrieving the emails until I restarted the AlertCentral service through the admin panel. At those times we got many alerts all showing the same "Time of Alert" being the point which the emails were retrieved.
See attached image. The email header clearly shows the correct timestamps.