9 Replies Latest reply on Jul 30, 2015 3:01 PM by pimp_vader

Alert Central integration to Orion not working

nikhilde

Hi,

I have added "Orion Alert Sources" in my Alert Central and the test was successful.  I do not see the alerts populating in AC.  Any one facing the same issue?  Anything else I need to check?

FYI - I have a lot of advanced alerts configured with Alert Sharing Turned ON.

Thanks,

-Nik-

• Re: Alert Central integration to Orion not working
          sdrago

This exact same thing has started with me as of the last week of December. It was working before that. I was getting alerts and now it went silent. they don't even show up in alert central

jpashton

For some reason still unknown to me, AC pulls its alerts from the Events log in SW.  I've never noticed to date anything that appears in the alerts or advanced alerts tab to show up in AC, yet if an event of warning or higher goes through the event log, as long as the routing is setup, it goes through AC with no issues.  Took me a few weeks of tracking things to find this out.  My advice is to see what your Event page is showing and then look to see if those are showing up in Alert Central.  If not, you may need to re-configure the connection to Orion in AC again.  I've had to do that once to get alerts to show up again after some updates killed the link. 

Hope this helps.

JPA

Tomas.Saghy

An important note: only newly triggered alerts from Orion appear in AC. The alerts which are already triggered will not be displayed in AC unless they are triggered again (reset and triggered again).

Please check your "Route to group" rules for the Orion alert source. You need to set it up (all alerts are discarded by default if you don't change it). You can see an example in the following screenshot:

orionAlertRounteToGroup.png

If you have this set up correctly, the next thing to look at is: check on what address is AC subscribed to receive alert related indications. You can check this on Orion server by doing an SQL query:

SELECT * FROM Subscriptions where EndpointAddress like 'http%';

You need to find the address of the AC server (in EndpointAddress column) and try open the address in a browser from the Orion server machine. The browser should show dialog asking for credentials. If it is not asking for credentials or there is any error message, then the AC server is not accessible from Orion server, which is the reason why the alerts are not appearing in AC.

You can also try to delete the Orion alert source and create it again.

nikhilde

Alerts show up in my alert central now.

Here is what I did to fix this:

1. Under settings --> Notification Settings --> I added http://<IP_address_of_alert_central>:80
                2. Settings --> Configure Orion Alert Sources --> Deleted the Sources and added them back again.

Lester Grant

It seems that this didn't work either.  I'm just putting in emails from all my alerts into alert central, its not pretty but it does work. 

pimp_vader

The worst thing about this is rebuilding the routing rules for the alerts, I have had to do this a few times and I can't find a decent way of simplifying this step.

I have done pg_dump of the DB and restored from that after a rebuild of the appliance but that only partially works. I can import all of the old orion source settings but it still won't receive alerts from solarwinds. I see 0 entries in the subscriptions table

I am going to try to pull the routing rules table, delete the orion source, re-add and then import the routing rules back into the DB. I will document the steps, commands, etc and let you know how that works.

pimp_vader

so

I have gotten as far as deleting and re-adding the orion source, problem is when I re-add the source I still cannot get any alerts to alert central. While I am trying to figure this new problem out is there anyone that knows which tables will absolutely be needed to restore routing rules should I be able to re-establish a connection?

Schema |           Name            | Type  |   Owner

--------+---------------------------+-------+-----------

public | act_ge_bytearray          | table | ac_system

public | act_ge_property           | table | ac_system

public | act_hi_actinst            | table | ac_system

public | act_hi_attachment         | table | ac_system

public | act_hi_comment            | table | ac_system

public | act_hi_detail             | table | ac_system

public | act_hi_procinst           | table | ac_system

public | act_hi_taskinst           | table | ac_system

public | act_hi_varinst            | table | ac_system

public | act_id_group              | table | ac_system

public | act_id_info               | table | ac_system

public | act_id_membership         | table | ac_system

public | act_id_user               | table | ac_system

public | act_re_deployment         | table | ac_system

public | act_re_model              | table | ac_system

public | act_re_procdef            | table | ac_system

public | act_ru_event_subscr       | table | ac_system

public | act_ru_execution          | table | ac_system

public | act_ru_identitylink       | table | ac_system

public | act_ru_job                | table | ac_system

public | act_ru_task               | table | ac_system

public | act_ru_variable           | table | ac_system

public | alertdata                 | table | ac_system

public | alerthistory              | table | ac_system

public | alerts                    | table | ac_system

public | alertsourceruletemplates  | table | ac_system

public | alertsources              | table | ac_system

public | alertsourcetemplates      | table | ac_system

public | alertsourcetorules        | table | ac_system

public | escalationpolicies        | table | ac_system

public | escalationsteps           | table | ac_system

public | group_users               | table | ac_system

public | groups                    | table | ac_system

public | groupschedulerules        | table | ac_system

public | groupschedules            | table | ac_system

public | locks                     | table | ac_system

public | orionalertsources         | table | ac_system

public | orionsyncevents           | table | ac_system

public | processedmessages         | table | ac_system

public | roles                     | table | ac_system

public | rules                     | table | ac_system

public | securitypolicies          | table | ac_system

public | sentnotifications         | table | ac_system

public | subscribers               | table | ac_system

public | summaryalerts             | table | ac_system

public | summaryalertsbygroup      | table | ac_system

public | summaryalertsbyuser       | table | ac_system

public | summaryusersavgtimeclosed | table | ac_system

public | summaryuserscountclosed   | table | ac_system

public | systemsettings            | table | ac_system

public | user_roles                | table | ac_system

public | usercontactinfos          | table | ac_system

public | usernotificationprefs     | table | ac_system

public | users                     | table | ac_system

public | userscheduledtimeoff      | table | ac_system

(55 rows)