This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Can a tech group be notified of all new tickets?

To keep everyone up to speed on new Help Desk requests (especially with our new hire in the Help Desk position) we'd like to have all techs get an email about the new requests, even though they are assigned to someone.  This will also help if someone calls in sick and we forget to mark them on vacation in the Help Desk.

• We do this by adding all the techs all to the the level 1 in tech group and have it force email notification to "Level Techs".  We then have it assign based on lead tech, but you could also have it assign on level tech with the lowest load.

• Thanks for the feedback!

I want to be clear about where you are doing this.  As I understand you, you go under Techs -> Tech Groups -> Tech Group Levels, for level 1, "When Client Updates Ticket, Force E-Mail Notification To:" you select "Level Techs"?  That seems excessive for tickets that take several iterations between the client and tech, so I want to be sure before flipping that switch!

• Yeah, that sounds correct.  Here is a screenshot of one of our tech groups that we have email everyone.

Note that the actual assignment of the ticket, as shown on the Auto-Assign Tickets To is by lead tech.  This is specified under the specific request types (Tickets -> Request Types)

2015-01-08 07_14_12-OSBC IT Help Desk - Tech Group List.png

• That works for us, thanks matt8!

Rarely does a ticket require end user updating, so the email volume is not nearly as high as I feared originally.  There is also an option to "Send on Ticket Creation Only" that we do not use.