0 Replies Latest reply on Jan 7, 2015 8:20 AM by jmortimore_nc

How can I configure the "CITRIX XENAPP 6.0 ICA SESSION" template to monitor ALL sessions and not just the "_server Instance"?

jmortimore_nc

I have assigned the "CITRIX XENAPP 6.0 ICA SESSION" to one of my nodes. By default it only will provide the "_server instance". Unfortunately this is useless as the ICA latency counter looks at the time it takes for ICA traffic to get FROM the server to the CLIENTS device (Laptop, tablet, mobile device..). Since there would be no latency from the server TO the server it always reports a 0 latency. I have tried modifying the instance in the template by placing a * in instance field. It still reports a 0 latency. This template is useless if it cannot report all sessions (instances). You cannot statically set an instance either since the name of that instance changes each time a user logs in.

Also If this template will not work I have a PowerShell command that I can use but whenever I place this into a custom template I get the following when doing a "Get Script Output"

Get Output Failed:

Output: ==============================================

InstanceName ICA Latency
      ------------ -----------
      ica-tcp 3 (emartinez) 50
      ica-tcp 1 (tschatzel) 27
      ica-tcp 4 (dvincent) 79
      _server total 0
      ica-tcp 2 (rdaugherty) 24

As you can see it is giving me statistics that are accurate but apparently I do not have the script configured properly to give the correct output.

I have tried configuring the script two ways

1. with just the powershell command, I get the above output by using this option.

get-counter "\\${IP}\ICA Session(*)\Latency - Last Recorded" | select -ExpandProperty countersamples | select InstanceName,@{Expression={$_.cookedvalue};N="ICA Latency"} | sort cookedvalue -Descending

2. setting the powershell command as a variable and then calling that variable in a write host

$latency = get-counter "\\${IP}\ICA Session(*)\Latency - Last Recorded" | select -ExpandProperty countersamples | select InstanceName,@{Expression={$_.cookedvalue};N="ICA Latency"} | sort cookedvalue -Descending

Write-Host "ICA Latency: $latency";

Exit 0;

I get the following when using option 2.

Get Output Failed:

Output: ==============================================
      ICA Latency:

As you can see it pulls nothing that way.

I have spoken to SolarWinds support and they are all clueless as to how to get either their own built in template working or how to get the powershell to work properly either.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.