3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 7, 2015 9:21 AM by jim8424

Node Availability 5 Minute Interval

jim8424

Is there a way to set up a daily availability report that reports in 5 minute increments. Below is an example of what I am trying to do:

XX XXXXX

Percent Availability

Today

DATE / TIME

% Available

5-Jan-15

12:00 AM

5-Jan-15

12:05 AM

5-Jan-15

12:10 AM

5-Jan-15

12:15 AM

5-Jan-15

12:20 AM

5-Jan-15

12:25 AM

5-Jan-15

12:30 AM

5-Jan-15

12:35 AM

5-Jan-15

12:40 AM

5-Jan-15

12:45 AM

5-Jan-15

12:50 AM

etc

• Re: Node Availability 5 Minute Interval
          Craig Norborg

I think that depends on a number of factors.  

First you have to think of how Orion polls nodes.  For response time / availability it does it every "X" minutes usually.   If you have this polling interval set to 5 minutes, then you should be able to produce reports that give you 5 minute intervals.  You can customize your polling interval on a node-by-node basis, or do it globally under "Settings" and "Polling Settings". 

However, it might not be quite what you want.   ie:  It might be polling it at 12:02, 12:07, 12:12 for one node, yet do it at 12:04, 12:09 and 12:14 for another node.   So things might not line up right on the 5 minute increments like you might want...  If you do a simple dump query on the "ResponseTime_Detail" table, you should see this.  I'd recommend doing something like:

SELECT NodeID, DateTime, AvgResponseTime, PercentLoss, Availability FROM ResponseTime_Detail WHERE NodeID = 26

Choose whatever node ID you want there, 26 might not be valid in your instance.  This will show you some of the relevant info you want.  

The second thing is you need to remember that Solarwinds will "roll-up" the data, or summarize it, after a period of time in order to save on database space and keep the response time of the server quick.   You can also find these under the polling settings, what you want to see is "detailed statistics retention".   It will only keep data at the detail of what your polling interval is for this timeframe, after that it starts summarizing it into "hourly" intervals instead of "X" minute intervals.    You can adjust this to make it longer than the 14 days default (I believe), but it will both increase your database size and probably slow things down a bit...

So, the answer is a potential "yes you can do that", but there will be caveats and probable time limits to the reports you generate. 

Hope this makes sense!!  Please post any questions this might bring up, but it should get you on the right track...

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            HolyGuacamole

Is this for a single node or multiple nodes? Does it have to be a table or you OK with a chart? If a chart is OK with you, you can simply click on the charting dashboard resources (for the legacy ones or on the export button for the newer chart resources), adjust the chart width, relative time frame and sampling interval (5 minutes) and copy the URL. You can then use the Reports Schedule Manager to schedule this URL. You can append &printable=true to the URL to make it cleaner in the email

Core-Report-ScheduleWebpage.png

jim8424

Thanks for the responses guys. You got me to thinking about it and it turns out what I was trying to do was pretty simple. I simply drill down to the node and click on Availability Statistics. I then customize the chart to what I'm looking for and click on raw data. The data shows up in a spreadsheet and I'm done. I appreciate the nudge to get me thinking right.