This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Create custom alert over a custom metric

I have recently have a couple of requrements where I have to get an alert if a particular metric is over a threshold for a particular amount of time. For example I have to track my work queue count on an instance. I know on my system that this value goes above 0 quiet frequently and doesn't turn into a problem unless this continues to stay above zero for say 10 - 15 min. I have setup a custom monitor to collect this every minute using below query.

SELECT COUNT(1) AS work_queue

FROM sys.dm_os_schedulers

WHERE work_queue_count > 0

Now I want to setup an alert by querying the collection table on ignite DB to check past 10-15 values and if they are continuously above 0 I can send an alert. The problem I am facing is how to map the Metric ID to the Metric Name easily. I have to query each data and match the values to identify the right METRICS_ID in CON_METRICS_xx tables.

Is there a simple way to find the Metric name and get the METRICS_ID?