This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

node and application stuck as unknown status

Hi

I am having some issues with a few nodes which after being unmanaged then managed again just wont show as live, even though they definitely are up.

I have tried unmanaging again, polling, rediscover and none worked. I can ping the node from the solarwinds server with no problem, and when i test it, it comes back as live.

This is also the same story for some application monitors on those nodes.

I have managed to get the node to show live again by readding it, it came back as green however the applications don't, even after deleting them and re adding.

Has anyone else experienced something similar?

Any help much appreciated

thanks

• If you're able to bring SolarWinds down, I'd recommend repairing your SolarWinds install and running the configuration wizard.  It would seem like something isn't doing the work it should be.  As well, check the Polling Engine page in Settings, what load is your polling server under?  What versions of are you running?

• Hi

Thanks for the reply. I can't easily bring down solarwinds at the moment however will consider it as an option when possible, here is the other information you asked about -

Polling Engine Version
    SolarWinds Orion Core Services 2014.2.1
    Last Database Sync23 seconds ago
    Polling Completion99.99
    SAM Application Polling Rate15% of its maximum rate.» Learn more
    Hardware Health Polling Rate15% of its maximum rate.» Learn more
    SAM Windows Scheduled Tasks Polling Rate0% of its maximum rate.» Learn more
    Polling Rate82% of its maximum rate.» Learn more
    IPAM.Dhcp.Polling0
    Routing Polling Rate0% of its maximum rate.» Learn more
    UnDP Polling Rate0% of its maximum rate.» Learn more

NPM

License Production

Product Name Network Performance Monitor

Version 11.0.1

SAM

Product Name Server & Application Monitor

Version 6.1.1

IPAM

Product Name IP Address Manager

Version 4.2

• It wouldn't appear to be due to polling rate.......I'd look in the \ProgramData\SolarWinds\logs\Orion directory at the business layer logs to see if you are getting errors.  I'd also recommend opening a support case.

• Is your DB good ? I mean wrt performance etc etc ?

Remove the application on that node, restart the services on your poller, give it 5 mins and then add the application onto the node.

• Sometime's it get's stuck due to credential timeout issue. In my case i changed the polling engine and again re-assigned the same polling engine and it started polling.