This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Unable to execute a SELECT / UNION ALL in the SWQL Studio

Hello,

I'm not able to execute the following SELECT / UNION query in the SWQL Studio:

select TimeStamp, NodeID, InterfaceIDRx, Port, SourceIP, DestinationIP, IngressBytes, protocolID

from Orion.Netflow.Flows

where InterfaceIDRx = 917

and TimeStamp >= '2014.12.17 19:10:00'

and TimeStamp <  '2014.12.17 19:11:00'

UNION ALL

select TimeStamp, NodeID, InterfaceIDTx, Port, SourceIP, DestinationIP, EgressBytes, protocolID

from Orion.Netflow.Flows

where InterfaceIDTx = 917

Error: mismatched input 'select' expecing '('

Could you please provide me the right syntax?

Thanks a lot

Livio

• You need parenthesis around the second SELECT statement. Like this:

select TimeStamp, NodeID, InterfaceIDRx, Port, SourceIP, DestinationIP, IngressBytes, protocolID

from Orion.Netflow.Flows

where InterfaceIDRx = 917

UNION ALL (

select TimeStamp, NodeID, InterfaceIDTx, Port, SourceIP, DestinationIP, EgressBytes, protocolID

from Orion.Netflow.Flows

where InterfaceIDTx = 917

)

• Hi tdanner,

Thanks for your reply!

When I run your query I get the following error in the SWQL Studio:

Error.jpg

When I execute it from Java (just in case it would be an SWQL Studio bug):

java.net.SocketException: Connection reset

• The syntax of the query looks fine, so I suspect a problem specific to Orion.Netflow.Flows. I have forwarded your question to someone who knows more about that particular entity.

• Thanks a lot! Note that if I run the SELECT independently it works fine. I'm therefore able to query the 'Flows' table. The issue is related to the UNION.

• Unfortunately, really, the UNION is not supported in the context now, specifically in situations when concatenating two queries getting data just from Orion.Netflow.Flows. Executing the queries separately really works, this may be an option for you if you can combine the results on the client side.

• Thanks tom.rybka for your reply! I'll do it in Java then.