2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 9, 2015 3:05 PM by bknight

Incoming email / voicemail

bknight

I'm trying to take advantage of the incoming email feature and our voicemail structure.  We utilize Lync and Exchange as our voicing / voicemail structure.  We were going to use the incoming email capability for Webhelpdesk to import all incoming messages even voicemails.  This process works for all incoming Lync calls from  a "person" or even an outside number not registered to a person (someone's home number).  However we have several common area phones that people use to call into support.  I see the message being delivered to the mailbox and a few seconds later, the message is deleted.  That gives me the impression the message was processed into the system.  However, when I go back and look at the logs and tickets, there is no record of this.  Even the system fails to register it as a failed message.  I've set the policy to create new accounts from unrecognized accounts.  That doesn't seem to do the trick.  Is there a location somewhere else that I am missing?

• Re: Incoming email / voicemail
          Peter Krutý

I would suggest to increase logging levels to debug mode and see if there is any useful information. Check Setup->General->Logs-> select 'Debug' into dropdowns for all settings.

• Re: Incoming email / voicemail
              bknight

I actually found a work around though not exactly what I wanted.  I'm sure it is how Lync handles Common Area Phones.  Though I could never understand why it didn't create the ticket or fail to import the message.  If the failure would have occurred, I'd been notified.  Strange that the message was sent to deleted items like it had been processed.  Any way, I have to create an actual AD account and assign it a Lync account.  I then have to go to all the common area phones reset each phone to factory settings, then log them back in.  Unfortunately I have close to 50 common area phones.  Just not a priority to run around and make that change.