This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Can someone tell me the point of "Billing Term"?

I have setup billing terms. I was hoping I could search by them or use them as a filter in Billing reports. From what I can see they serve absolutely no purpose. Can someone clue me in on what I am missing?emoticons_cry.png

The help tool has nothing on them besides setup (which I can do) and I can't find anything on them here.

• As far as I can determine that is a field you would set based upon the SLA of the customer on the terms of payment.

So for example, if the customer’s SLA says that they will pay within 30 days then you would create a “net 30” Term. This then gets printed on the invoice for the customer to remind them they have 30 days to pay.

Not sure if you can capture that field for reporting however..

Hope that helps

• 2014-12-16_15-21-56.jpg

Hope this is the answer you needed. (Not necessarily wanted) emoticons_happy.png