This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Scheduled dates- can these be used to send out reminders?

I am kind of missing the point of the Scheduled dates or is this intended to be a passive reminder only?

What I am thinking is Priority reminders are linked to the Creation Date or Due Date, but the Due Date is exactly that,

For example if I need to do a software install & have an agreed time with the client to do it which falls within the SLA then it would be nice to get a prompt out of the system telling you when the Scheduled time was coming up. The only way to do this seems to be to amend the Due Date/ time, but surely that negates the point of putting in a Scheduled Date...?

What I have seen elsewhere is if you enter a scheduled work date, that will either amend the Due Date or stop the SLA countdown until the Scheduled date rolls around.

If anyone can think of  a way to do this please let me know!

• This is mostly for displaying statically in calendar and for tracking purposes for a given ticket. You have some really good ideas, so I would encourage you to create a feature request in Web Help Desk page, so other users can comment, add their ideas and vote. Thanks!

• Thanks for confirming Peter, I will do that.

• I have a question about this - Does SW depend mostly on Feature Request voting to decide what will be included in future releases or is the dev team coming up with their own improvements as well?  To me this is such a basic feature it should already be there without having to go through the long voting\dev process.  WHD is a nice solution but some of the missing basic features that should already be there is a little frustrating.

• To be fair the Scheduled Date function hasn't really cut down the amount of post-it notes stuck around my monitor to remind me to do things, so it seems kind of pointless, even with the icalendar link enabled

• I'm sure we're all in the "do more with less mode" so any automated reminders is a big help.

• emoticons_grin.png

This is now added to the Feature Requests so please vote & let me know if you can think of anything else I could include.

https://thwack.solarwinds.com/ideas/4890

• Hi kjette,

planning of future releases is quite complicated process and Thwack votes and feature requests is only part of it. We talk to many users and prospects. We run surveys, we collect information from support and customer service. Gather data from Beta or Release Candidates. We also collect internal request from developers, testers, marketing, support representatives and so on and so on. Thwack list of feature requests is not accurate reflection of all existing requests and there are almost 2000 requests for WHD tracked all together. Having so many requests, we have thousands and thousands of users with different ideas on what is basic functionality and since we want to have WHD flexible and powerful but easy-to-use we want to carefully balance all requests. Hope this gives some idea emoticons_happy.png. If you want to know more or have specific questions let me know.

Peter