2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 14, 2015 12:31 PM by dhanson

Using Dynamic Query to create a report.

gregster

Hi Guys,

I'm trying to create a report to display a list of CCTV camera's and the port and switch which they are connected to, but I seem to have hit a bit of a brick wall.

I am using a Dynamic Query for my data source.

report 1.JPG

This bit works fine when I select my columns

report 2.JPG

because I end up with a report like this.....

report 3.JPG

The issue is that I don't know which columns to add to allow me to include the port number and the switch which the camera's connect to, and it's starting to drive me a bit nuts!

Any help would be much appreciated.

Kind Regards

Greg

• Re: Using Dynamic Query to create a report.
          rschroeder

I don't know the answer for certain, but it seems that polling the camera as a node (if that's what you're doing) can't provide the switch port information unless the camera supported LLDP CDP information.

It's a bit more labor intensive, but if I had to do this I'd label each switch port interface description with something intuitive, like "CAM" or "cam070100", and then set up the report to search for those terms.

You might be able to cross reference the information and still include your original search parameters in addition to the new ones, thus displaying camera status AND the switch port to which it attaches.