This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Email Alerts - Does anyone know how to change the "From:" address of an email alert from "SolarWinds <noreply@solarwinds.com>" to another address

This is what I've tried so far (without success)...

I created a new user (LEM Role: Contact) under Build --> Users.

I changed the email template to reflect the newly created user (the default is "TriGeo").

I restarted the email Active Response connector on the appliance.

I rebooted the appliance.

My rule is firing as expected however; the email alert continues to display "SolarWinds <noreply@solarwinds.com>"

• There are two ways to change this in 11.0 and higher:

To change an individual alert (Or in versions prior to 11.0): Go to log into the server that contains your Orion platform, go to Advance Alerts, click on the Alert you wish to change. From there go to Trigger Actions, select the send email/page action. On the first tab to open, it has a default from address that it sends from. Change this to what your selected address is and save. Then ensure to change the Reset as well.

To change all alerts (on all versions 11.0 and later): Log into your Web Console with an Admin account. Go to settings, and under the "Reports and Alerts" section, go to Initial alert setup. There you can specify the default to and from for all alerts. This will also setup a default setting for all alerts you create. Ensure you have only alerts enabled you wish to use if you go this route, Otherwise anyone on that default to and from, will get every  yet to be configured alert that has a default send email/page action.

Hope this helps some.

• Warren, I appreciate the response however my question applies to the Log Event Manager (not Orion)

• I apologize, then let me start with a different point. Have you created a new Email Active response Connector under the LEM Manager? The steps according to SolarWinds are as follows:

Select Manage > Appliances for the LEM Console

select the gear next to your LEM manager and select Connectors

enter Email Active Response in the search box

click the gear nes to the master connector and select New. You should get a new window.

Enter an Alias

Enter a mail host (note if you use a hostname, ensure DNS resolution form the manager)

Enter a Port

Select your protocol: SMTP, SSL, or TLS

enter a return address email

enter a return address display name

enter authentication server username and password

Enter a test email address

click save

Locate the new connector, it will have a grey status icon

click start from the gear's drop down menu. Then test.

I hope this helps as a starting point. Maybe next time I will double check the section I am browsing before I jump to an immediate answer. And if you have already tried this, let me know. I will reach out to our LEM guru and see what he says.

• I haven't tried that, as I already have the Email Active Response connector there however maybe recreating/reconfiguring that connector will do it.  I'll try that as soon as I have a chance.

• warren.dilger is correct, these values are defined in the Email Active Response Connector:

2014-12-15 07_29_33-SolarWinds Log and Event Manager Console.png