This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

"Day" drop down menu

Hi folks,

How do I increase the days listed in the "Day" drop down menu? I want to go back further than just 1 month. I would also like to see the trend chart have a couple more months as well if possible (without making the interface look completely cluttered of course).

Thanks,

Michael Murray

• You can increase the detail kept by adjusting an option.  On the homepage, select the action dropdown for the instance you want to keep more detail data for and click advanced options.  If you are on 9.0, then you can click on the DB instance options tab and select support options (checkbox).  Scroll down until you see CLEAN_DAYS_OF_DETAIL.  By default it's set to 30.  You can adjust that to be 60 or 90 or ??.

CAVEAT:  The vast majority of the storage consumption is at the detail level, so increasing the days of detail retained WILL have an impact on storage.  For that one monitored instance, the storage requirements will be a little less than double if set to 60 days, a little less than triple if set to 90 days, etc.

• So there is no way of looking at the already collected data past my month. Changing this setting allows me to start from this point in time?

Thanks,

Michael

• The change will only be for future data, that part is correct.

To see data prior to 30 days, you can leverage the reports function within the tool.  Keep in mind though that historic data older than the detail will be summary data as implied by it not being detail.  That means no drill in functionality, just static charts.