3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 8, 2014 6:07 AM by waleedod

EMC VNX adding SAN Storage Error

waleedod

Hi,

i try to add SAN Storage from EMC VNX and i install the EMC provider and it is workin fine, and i test it, but when i try to perform addsys command to add Arrays i get the OUTPUT : 7 which is weired and it should give me zero.

the status for tghe SAN is (Device has not collected yet) when i press congnise problem it give me the following:

Provider Configuration Failed!

The Provider does not have this array in its configuration.

any suggestions

regards,

Waleed

• Re: EMC VNX adding SAN Storage Error
          HolyGuacamole

When you went through the addsys command, it should have generated a testsmiprovider.log file. Can you post the contents of that? Also, there is an SMIS provider troubleshooting document on the solarwinds documentation site. You may want to refer to it.

Unless the array is added successfully to the provider, the Storage manager discovery will not work anyway.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            cdekort

Hi Waleed, Output 7 seems a tad strange... What version of SMI-S are you using? How many arrays are configured on the SMI-S Provider (or is the VNX the first one?)

If there are other Arrays configured, When you connect to TestSMIProvider and use option DV; do you see the serial #'s of the other arrays?

I'm assuming that there are no firewalls etc in between the SMI-S Host and the array, and that you have statistical logging enabled on the VNX?

Chris

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              waleedod

Dears,

I appreciate your help and replay.

First time I install the SMI provider on the same storage manager server and it does not work, but after i uninstall it and install the provider in another server it work with me and give me OUTPUT : 0 which is successful.

after that i face another error that no performance data is generated which is simple problem that i should enable performance data to export to STM.

and everything working good

regards,

Waleed