2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 1, 2014 11:49 PM by madhavan

New nodes added through swis do not poll

sb1920alk

I added a bunch of ICMP nodes using powershell commands. The nodes appear in the Web UI and I see them in the database, but they're not actually polling. They stay as green dots even though they don't poll. These are ICMP-only nodes, and I have a large number of them, so I would really like to do this with a command and not the Web UI. I tried opening a support case for nodes not polling, but as soon as I mentioned powershell, they suggested I post here and closed the case.

Here is a sample command (assume already connected to swis):

New-SwisObject $swis -EntityType "Orion.Nodes" -Properties @{EntityType="Orion.Nodes"; IPAddress="10.0.0.120"; IPAddressGUID="7800000A-0000-0000-0000-000000000000"; Caption="Node120"; DNS="Node120";DynamicIP=$False; EngineID=1; Status=1; UnManaged=$False; Allow64BitCounters=$True; SysObjectID=""; MachineType=""; VendorIcon=""; ObjectSubType="ICMP"; }

At first I didn't include the IPAddressGUID, but I've since added it with no change. I've already tried Allow64BitCounters=$False

• Re: New nodes added through swis do not poll
          HolyGuacamole

while I don't know why your API calls didn't work as expected, you can certainly add a new 'Network Sonar Discovery' without any SNMP, vCenter or WMI credentials and paste the list of IPs you want to add in the 'Specific nodes' section

Core-NetworkSonar-SpecificNodes.png

• Re: New nodes added through swis do not poll
            madhavan

Hi,

You need to add necessary poller to the node in order to get polled. You can find samples of adding poller to the node @ "C:\Projects\SWIS\M_SWIS\depot\Dev\Main\Orion\SDK\Src\Samples\PowerShell".

I see couple of pollers for ICMP. Add what is required for your purpose.

N.IPAddress.ICMP.Generic :: IP addresses poller for ICMP devices. Poller performs reverse/forward DNS lookup to gather IP addresses.

N.StatusAndResponseTime.ICMP.SendEcho ::  Node response time and status poller which utilizes ICMP query to find out if node is responding. Poller utilize Win32 API IcmpSendEcho method to measure response time and node status.