This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Inserting Universal Device Poller value into Advanced Alert email as variable

I am creating an Advanced Alert based on a UnDP that I have configured to return a temperature status.  This Advanced Alert is working correctly by returning a value between 1 and 5 from the specific OID ( 1 V Low Temp, 2 Low Temp, 3 Normal Temp, 4 High Temp, 5 V High Temp).

These values are based on a configurable range for the device in question.

I have a second UnDP that returns the actual Temperature value.  This is also working correctly.

I want to reference the actual Temperature value from the second UnDP in the Alert email generated by the first UnDP.

Is there a way to do this with variables or do I need to generate some type of SQL to do this.

I haven't historically messed around with the NPM database.  Where do I find the information that I am looking for in the database?

TIA for any help.

• You're probably going to need a custom SQL query for this. Easy enough to do if there is only 1 poller per device for these values.

What are the exact poller names for these 2 data points?

Your basic SQL query will look something like this:

SELECT Status FROM CustomPollerStatus WHERE CustomPollerAssignmentID IN (SELECT CustomPollerAssignmentID FROM CustomPollerAssignment WHERE NodeID = ${NodeID} and CustomPollerID IN (SELECT CustomPollerID FROM CustomPollers WHERE UniqueName = '<insert poller name here>'))

That might need a little tweaking, but the premise is there.

-ZackM

Loop1 Systems: SolarWinds Training and Professional Services

• Hi,

I have edited alert "Alert me when any hardware component goes into a warning or critical state"
    - I have went on "Trigger Actions" tab

- Edited "NetPerfMon Event Log" action
    ${SensorDisplayName} on ${NodeName} is ${SensorOrionStatusDescription}
    and I have changed it to:

${SensorDisplayName} on ${NodeName} is ${SensorOrionStatusDescription} with value ${SensorValue} ${SensorUnit}

- You can use these macros also in "Send E-Mail / Page" trigger action

Roman